Certified Translator - Conference Interpreter
Lista cu servicii prestate ca traducator-interpret autorizat MJ engleza & franceza:
3. Dublare TV (per proiect) - experienta relevanta in domeniu: TEO, STIRILE PROTV, PROVEST, PROFETII DESPRE TRECUT, 3x FEMEIE (Michael Bolton), HAPPY HOUR, TEO LIVE + PROTV INTERNATIONAL
4. Traducere si adaptare film
5. Traducere consecutiva: chuchotage/whispering, consecutiva cu sau fara notite, conferinte presa, intalniri de afaceri, negocieri comerciale, traduceri in fata notarului, insotire delegatii externe
6. Traducere simultana
Combinatii de limbi:
a) Retroversiune: pagina de 2000 caractere cu spatii = 20 lei
b) Traducere: pagina de 2000 caractere cu spatii = 18 lei
c) Traducere consecutiva si simultana = 120 lei / ora
d) Dublare TV = 450 lei per proiect
e) Traducere film = 10 lei/minut film
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND:
2010: Business Events Organization and Marketer Start
2009: Etiquette and Protocol Rules in Business and in Social Life,
The School of Etiquette and Protocol - Bucharest
2004-2005: University of Bucharest,
European MA Program in Conference Interpreting
(Specialization: simultaneous translation and dubbing)
1997-2001: University of Bucharest, Language School,
The Translators-Interpreters-Terminologists Section
1992-1996: National High School, IAŞI - bilingual classes (French-English)
with French and English native-speaking teachers
1992: English summer school, held in Iasi, with British and American native
Japanese: basic notions (3rd language studied at the University)
Translation (including movie translation)
Conference interpreting: simultaneous and consecutive
Voice-over/live dubbing for TV channels
Event Management and Protocol
Participation in the BSDA 2010 (www.bsda.ro): official organizer and representative of EADS DCS ROMANIA
Translation into Romanian of the book “Pink Brain, Blue Brain” (written by Lise Eliot) published by EDITURA TREI
Toyota National Conference, Bucharest: simultaneous translation from and into English and Romanian
French Business Forum: simultaneous translation from English into French and from French into English
Simultaneous translation from and into Romanian and English, on the occasion of the MOTOTRBO “A Step Forward into the Digital Communications Era” Conference, in cooperation with AIR & MOTOROLA
Simultaneous translation from and into Romanian and English, on the occasion of SAP World Tour 2009
August 2009: I started working as a freelance translator for the Romanian Publishing House
FOR YOU; books I translated:
The Raindrop Technique
The Essential Oils Guidebook
Healing Oils of the Bible
Simultaneous translation from and into English during the Workshop on ITS Applications and European Electronic Tolling, organized by CESTRIN
Consecutive translation from English into Romanian during the opening of the works related to the seminar on SMEs organized by EUROLINK - House of Europe
The 5th International Congress of Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplant, Intercontinental Hotel, Bucharest
Press Conference: Launch of Costa Gavras' "Eden is West" in Romania
I attended the "European Day of Competition and Competitiveness" organized by EUROLINK - House of Europe, as an interpreter: consecutive and simultaneous interpretation from and into English
INNER CONSULTING GROUP: movie translation - Da Vinci Learning
"Share, Communicate, and Win Event", a conference on radio communications, supported by MOTOROLA and American International Radio
SAP World Tour Romania 2008
National Hepatology Congress organized by the Romanian Association for the Study of Liver
Translation of reports on landslides drawn up for the Romanian Ministry of the Environment and Sustainable Development by the World Institute for Disaster Risk Management within the project "Experimental Studies regarding Landslides and Elaboration of Standard Monitoring Manuals"
June 28th, 2008:
Dubbing live from English into Romanian during the special edition of a show broadcast live by ROMANTICA TV, on the occasion of the concert dedicated to the 90th anniversary of Nelson Mandela, broadcast live from London
Since May 2008:
Senior Translator / Interpreter and Assistant to the Communications Manager, the Communications Department of EADS DCS Romania SRL (www.eads.com)
Dubbing live from French and English into Romanian during the HAPPY HOUR TV show, broadcast live by PRO TV; special guests: Philippe Lucas, Philippe Guilet, Lord of the Dance; Povestiri de Noapte, broadcast live by ACASA TV, special guest: Alessandro Safina
April 8th, 2008:
Dubbing live from English into Romanian during TEO Live show; special guests: Kings on Ice, PRIMA TV
March 28th, 2008:
I dubbed, live, from English into Romanian and from Romanian into English during the TEO Live Show, broadcast by PRIMA TV; special guest of the show: Kalomira, Greece's representative to Eurovision 2008, the music contest
March 5th, 2008:
I translated from Romanian into English, for MEDIA PRO PICTURES, the episode of "Gipsy Heart" (Inimă de Ţigan) that took part in the Emmy awards competition.
March 4th, 2008:
Dubbing live from Romanian into English and from English into Romanian during the TEO Live Show, PRIMA TV, guests: Chippendales
February 22nd – 24th, 2008:
Simultaneous translation from English and French into Romanian and from Romanian into French during the conference "Black Sea Dimensions" organized by the European Movement, with the support of the European Parliament, in Bucharest
I started working as a volunteer for VIER PFOTEN, helping them with the translation from/into English of documents they need
I started to wok as a freelance for SDI Media Group - SDI MEDIA is the world’s leading provider of subtitling and language dubbing services to the entertainment industry
Collaboration with SC CĂRŢI AUDIO SRL – Cluj Napoca
Projects: translation from English into Romanian of the book "THE DIP" written by Seth GODIN (http://www.cartio.ro/panta-seth-godin/)
Interpretation project: Press conference with the CEO of Adobe Incorporated
Systems, Bruce Chizen, 25th of October 2007, Bucharest
Interpretation project: simultaneous translation from and into French,
and consecutive translation from English into French and from French into English
- The 53rd European Forum Lions, Palace of Parliament, October, 17th - 20th 2007, Bucharest
SAP ROMANIA: Simultaneous translation from and into English and Romanian
- SAP World Tour Romania 2007, SAP ERP 6.0, 3rd of October 2007, Bucharest
August 2007 – May 2008:
o Assistant to the Acceptance Department of EADS DCS ROMANIA SRL on commercial and administrative issues: I was in charge of the commercial documentation related to the acceptance of sites making up the Integrated Border Security System of Romania, also dealing with the relevant technical documentation related to the acceptance of these sites, and supporting the head of the Department in the relation with the Customer (The Ministry of Administration and Interior)
INTELY TECH SRL, translations (economy – finance)
TEORA USA - Publishing House:
July 2007: "I Wonder Why Camels Have Humps"
Since April 2007, I have worked, on a collaboration basis, with the Notary Public Bureau Radu Mirela, based in Bucharest.
Since March 2007, I have worked, on a collaboration basis, with the translation bureau BEST COMMUNICATION MEDIA, as a chartered translator and interpreter for English and French. Interpretation projects:
I took part, as an interpreter, in the seminar "Didactical Skills and Curriculum Development for Judicial Trainers" - Phare project: Technical Assistance for Further Assistance for National Institute of Magistracy, Romania, (consecutive interpretation from/into Romanian-English), 29 March 2007
I attended the conference "The Human Resources Days in PETROM", held in Bucharest, at Ramada Hotel, (simultaneous translation from/into Romanian-English), 24-25 May 2007
"The Human Resources Days in PETROM", Caro Hotel, 21-22 September 2007, (simultaneous translation from Romanian into English)
Since October 2006, I have worked as a senior translator/interpreter for EADS DCS ROMANIA SRL, a subsidiary of EADS Deutschland GmbH (Defense, Security and Communications Systems)
Since September 2006, I have worked, on a project basis, mainly as an interpreter, but also as a translator, with Teodoru & Associates - Attorneys at Law
2001 - 2007:
Full-time job: I worked as a translator-interpreter and as a protocol and liaison officer for an important public institution in Romania, where my main tasks had to do with translation, consecutive and simultaneous interpretation during national and international meetings, seminars, conferences, workshops, receiving foreign delegations, dealing with protocol issues, official correspondence and other related issues
Since 2004, I have translated medical documents, especially related to oncology, pathology, and clinical trials (project-based).
2001 - 2008:
I have worked as a translator-interpreter for PRO TV (on a collaboration/copywriting basis) – dubbing, translating movies and proofreading the translations:
• In December 2006, I dubbed from French into Romanian the short speech delivered by Mr. Joseph Borel on the occasion of Romania's accession to EU.
• 2001 - 2003: I dubbed programs from Romanian into English for PRO TV INTERNATIONAL
• 2002: I did dubbing from English into Romanian on the occasion of Romania being invited to join NATO, when PRO TV broadcast live from Prague
• 2004 - 2006: I collaborated with the producers of the TV show "PRO VEST" TV show, from/into English and French
• 2004 - 2007: I translated and proofread movie scripts for PRO TV and PRO CINEMA, as well as Romanian sitcoms for PRO TV INTERNATIONAL
• 2006: I translated Romanian movies into French for PRO VIDEO: "Femeia Visurilor" (Dan Piţa), presented at Cannes, "Păcală se întoarce" (Geo Saizescu), "Nea Mărin Miliardar", "Ultimul Cartuş" (Sergiu Nicolaescu)
• 2005 - 2006, I worked as an interpreter (dubbing) for the producers of TEO TV Show when they had foreign personalities attending the show, such as ETHAN & LESLIE HAWKE, PIERRE KATRA, MICK DAVIS, MARIA ILIEVA, ANA STANIC, ARMAND ASSANTE.
• In 2005, I translated for MICHAEL BOLTON when he gave an interview for ACASA TV
• In 2005, I worked as an interpreter for DIACRIS - a translation/interpretation firm in Bucharest, on "train the trainers" projects: legal consultancy provided by Dutch experts to Romanian magistrates
• In 2001 (January - May), I worked as a language trainer and translator for ROM COMMUNICATE - The Professional Language Training Center, a ltd company specialized in providing language training and translations.
• I was an English language trainer for members of the managing board of companies like SC TNT ROMANIA SRL, TIMKEN PLOIEŞTI, ERNST AND YOUNG (a member of ERNST & YOUNG INTERNATIONAL), HRD BUCHAREST, and DANONE.
• In May 2000, I collaborated with MERCURY RESEARCH, as an interpreter - simultaneous interpretation, on a marketing project (on Elite coffee).
• In April - July 2000, I taught French at ION NECULCE High School in Bucharest.
• In August 2000, I collaborated with ASIROM Insurance Company (the Paşcani - Iaşi branch) as a translator/interpreter (business and legal English), as a summer job.
• In December 2000, I collaborated, on a project, with DAEDALUS CONSULTING, as a translator and PC operator.
• In 1999, I collaborated as a translator and PC operator with FUNDAŢIA PENTRU PREGĂTIRE PROFESIONALĂ CONTINUĂ ŞI ÎNVĂŢĂMÂNT DESCHIS LA DISTANŢĂ (The Foundation for Continuous Learning and Open Distance Education).
• Since 1999, I have worked - on request - as a tourist guide and escort interpreter for foreign delegations.
COURSES, CERTIFICATES AND AWARDS:
1. Certificate of Completion of Training on Business Events Organization (2010)
2. Certificate of Completion of Training on Performance as Assistant Manager (2009)
3. Italian proficiency course organized by the Italian Cultural Institute in Bucharest (2006)
4. Translator’s License issued by the Romanian Ministry of Justice (12165/20.07.2004)
4. Certificate for proficiency in French, signed by the French Embassy in Bucharest (1996)
CLIENTS (PAST AND PRESENT):
ASTRID COSTEA – MEDICAL TRANSLATIONS
EADS DCS ROMANIA
MEDIA PRO: PROTV, PROTV INTERNATIONAL, PRO VIDEO, PRO CINEMA, ACASA TV
WINDOWS OFFICE: WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK, POWERPOINT
TRADOS, PMWin 2.2, Subtitle Workshop
GSM: +40 743.992.037
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Letters of recommendation and references available on request.
sâmbătă, 4 octombrie 2008
Certified Translator - Conference Interpreter
Am dat de tradus unei firme de traduceri un act. Firma X (sa ii zicem asa) nu are angajati traducatori autorizati sau lucreaza cu studenti (...
Probabil că nu există nici un traducător autorizat din ţara asta căruia să nu i se fi făcut, măcar o dată la câteva luni de activitate, ofer...
Orice traducător poate recunoaşte cu mâna sub diafragmă că nimic nu-i este mai drag ca traducerea unui certificat de naştere. Sau certificat...
Bulgară Fizeşan Ovidiu Stelian Ebraică (ivrit) Furman Beatrice Cristina Engleză Badea Alina-Elena Boboc Raluca Butiuc Nante Co...
Despre profesia de traducător autorizat, relaţia traducătorului cu notariatele publice şi cu SRL-urile care fac intermediere ilegală (de Ovidiu Katz)Traduceri autorizate s-au făcut mereu, cu mult înainte de a se fi înfiinţat birourile astea de traduceri autorizate, birouri care de fapt su...
Engleză Benea Tatiana (Galaţi) Tatu Răzvan (Galaţi) Verdes Viorica (Galaţi) Voicu Livia Irina (Galaţi) Franceză Benea Tatiana (Ga...
Cu privire la autorizarea şi plata interpreţilor şi traducătorilor antrenaţi de Consiliul Superior al Magistraturii, de Ministerul Justiţiei...
Engleză Toma Sabina-Alexandra (Brăila) Tudor Oana Daniela (Brăila) Franceză Mariana Mircea (Brăila) Spaniolă Toma Sabina-Alexand...
Engleză Basarab Ramona-Larisa (Arad) Radulescu Corina (Arad) Stoicescu Greta Amanda (Arad) Zarna Goergeta (Curtici) Franceză Pavel...